Thursday, March 24, 2011

Productivity


Do you ever finish a project that you’ve been working at for a few hours look at your work; you’ve done a great job, but then think that you just wasted those last few hours? Today I felt precisely that way after I clocked out of work for the day.

I got a lot done today I finished making my men’s active department beautiful, redressed like 10 men that were wearing nothing but clearance clothes, and I also found a bunch of missing artwork. But after reformatting six walls, hanging three plaques and eight pieces of rediscovered art I looked behind me to see that there was still more work to do. I guess as a visual trimmer you are never truly happy with your work. My sales in that department should increase tremendously based on the new location of it alone, with my visual touch its pretty much forcing shoppers to want Nike like a zombies loves warm flesh. but the thing is that there are so many more things to make it better (white shelving, redressing forms, steaming…) Working in my position there is no end in sight; tomorrow’s Friday but I know that once I finish the work I have planned for tomorrow there is going to be plenty waiting for me Monday morning.

On the bright side, while I was redressing things this morning I found a few must-haves. The first is a Diesel tee that is white with some embroidery and some lettering on it, a clean statement perfect for the beach this summer. The second is a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren swim trunks that sit mid thigh. They’re red checkered and they have Polo’s new Big Pony logo on the leg. So being that I didn’t want to spend the prices for both… I just bought one, the shirt can come closer to beach season. I got the SHORTS and I plan on wearing them at a friend’s birthday party in Newport at Westport Mansion this weekend. I really don’t give a rat’s ass if it’s freezing, I’ll still get my drink on and “rock that shit like fashion.”

Not much to say on the food side of things today, except for I think everyone should get some of Costco’s amazing spinach dip to snack on with pita chips after a long day.

1 comment:

  1. Don't judge me, but I totally saw some cute tanks at Zumiez while i was walking around the mall here. I'm worried I might be catching the "bro". Yikes. Hah!

    ReplyDelete