Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Skinny Jeans


Happy “Hump Day!” so today was the big Deep Dive, really I know nothing until tomorrow when all of the visual people meet up and discuss the visit, so stay tuned. But a bit of news, as I just tweeted [follow me], I had a pretty productive afternoon. I went in to work early this morning and therefore got off early so I got to work on my homework, took the puppy to the dog park, ran four miles, and now I’d say its about dinner time. i just want to show you my puppy at this very moment

So today as I was dressing one of my Urban Island mannequins I noticed how tight the size 33x32 pants were on my guy. This made me remember that even Tasso Elba is making slim fit pants. In high school I put safety pins in my denim to alter them into slim fitting denim because it was impossible for me to find any (this was 2006). I also remember shopping for my prom get up in 2007 and trying to find black fitted trousers and every store looked at me like I was crazy I finally settled on a pair of producers from EXPRESS that I took to be altered. The only tailor in my hometown (Barstow) was located in the WalMart and hardly spoke a word of engrish. She told me that my pants were fine the way they were and that I didn’t need to waist my $8 to get them fitted. So I left. Now working with denim on a daily basis I have realized that almost every company is making an effort to slim down the male silhouette including Diesel, Levi’s, Alfani, Abercrombie, GAP, and im pretty sure kid’s brands have also forged their way into the skinny, sometimes super skinny, world. Someone told me that only gays wear tight jeans but I just want to say fuck you to that person. Yes, I may be gay but I just saw prince Charles wearing slim denim on his recent trip to Australia, so if you spit more game than the prince or if you design a fabulous line of clothes and would like to dispute that all men can wear skinny denim please shut the hell up.

On the music front, I just want to say that Britney spears is over and over making a damn fool of herself, if it weren’t for her catchy tunes, she’d be done!


LONG LIVE GAGA

1 comment:

  1. If Prince Charles wears it.... i'm on it.

    ReplyDelete