Monday, April 4, 2011

Honorable Mentions







So its Monday, most tiring day of the week to many. I was awoken this morning by my boyfriend who was chipper and ready for the day. I soon after got a text saying that my coworker, again, would be about an hour late to work. This is starting to bother me now, but as long as I get my job, I need not worry about others right? So I got to work and got to do my favorite thing, dressing mannequins. You’d think that I get to dress mannequins everyday but that is a false belief. Visual trimmers love the days when they get to update whatever they want because there is rarely time for this. So I am dedicating this post to the honorable mentions at the Macy’s Men’s Store right now. The April collections are arriving and on time might I say.

My first collection is I.N.C., which is one of Macy’s private labels. The brand is usually one of my least favorites and I have learned to ignore the lack of fashion that the company has chosen to put right at the entrance of the store (pictured as the header of this post). This April I.N.C. has designed a collection of slim fitting linen and cotton suits, purple plaids, and khaki shirts. When it is all put together the group really looks great. With a little bit of good merchandising the store entrance might actually be appealing.

second brand will be Kenneth Cole REACTION, again only available Macy’s. I have watched Kenneth Cole’s designs for a few years now and I have always loved the work. The Macy’s line is a bit younger feeling and also more casual, which comes with age I think. The pops of colors such as purple orange and yellow always make the collections pop.


Finally I will end with a brand new label that is Only Macy’s called Sons of Intrigue. The collection followed is neighbor Bar III to Macy’s as the two headliners for the revamped Impulse department. The brand trickled in with well tailored pants and jackets and surprises like cotton striped V-neck t-shirts that make an odd pair but somehow make since together. There is really no description that I can give that truly describes this brand so the image will have to suffice.

A little complaint that I came up with today was all of the “grunge” that I see in the Inland Empire of California. For the most part I truly ignore my dislike of this, dare I say, trend. But people need to start washing their hair. I understand going a couple, maybe even a few days without shampooing but when your hair is so oily that it starts separating into thick strands made up of hairs and oil, you need to wash it. Not only is it gross, but im sure your face doesn’t appreciate your nasty hair clogging its pores. Idk, I’m a clean freak which I guess is rare for someone as young as me.



oh and lastly, i now its a bit weird, but i saw that a friend of mine had commented on some random boys Facebook picture and it caught my attention. this is exactly what i want my chest to look like for the summer, and i just cant get there!!!

1 comment: